Creative Fun Wedding Photographer
I’m Kirsty, an easy going, fun and creative wedding photographer. My wedding photography style is relaxed and quirky. I capture all the funny and beautiful moments, and let you get on with having maximum fun time.
After finishing a degree in Photography in the summer of 2012 (and thus, having no idea what I wanted to do with my life), I started assisting various different photographers, and fell in love with wedding photography. I started up my very own little wedding photography business in 2013 and haven’t looked back since.
I live with my lovely, sort of charming boyfriend Greg, in a little cottage in Petersfield. We love to travel, eat good food, and have a few adventures. Here’s a photo of me last year in Italy, I really want to go back.
In my spare time, I can be found chilling on the sofa in my light-up unicorn slippers, spending time with special ones, and dreaming about owning a kitten (one day). Also food – food is very important – as is gin.
While you’re here, here’s some not so interesting facts about me:
- I’m a secret crazy cat lady, I dream of owning lots of cats one day!
- I love music and going to festivals, a few of my favourites are: Glastonbury, Bestival, Green Man and Boomtown.
- You can pretty much guarantee that if I’ve eaten something – some food, somewhere has not managed to reach my mouth and has either gone on the floor or on my clothes…
- I’m also now a bride to be! We get married in September 2019.
- I have 4 tattoos but you would never know from looking at me. I want a load more too!
- I’m rubbish at remembering to ‘Instagram’ but am trying to give it a go – follow me: @kirstymackenziephotography
- My dream is to one day live by the sea.
- Favourite food – cheese, cheese = life. I love cheese, and hate, HATE milk – I know I’m a weirdo.
- I love to travel, but am also the most indecisive person ever, so it takes me a while to actually commit and book a holiday.
- I was always obsessed with the family albums my mum created. I really need to start printing more images off and making some of my own.
- I hate having my photograph taken (I know, the sheer irony of it!)
My Approach to Wedding Photograpy
You could say my style of wedding photography is different to your standard style of wedding photography. In fact, you could probably describe it better as photos of awesome people having an amazing time. There’s no cheese, no stiff awkward portraits, just fun photos of you and your favourite people.
I’m very relaxed and chilled out so you don’t need to worry if you hate having your picture taken. I will put you at ease and you will forget I’m there after a while (I know it sounds impossible but it’s true – honest!) Around me you can relax and enjoy your big day.
If you’d like to read a bit more about how I work, and what I do during your wedding day, follow the link here.
Here are some photos of my favourite things and personal adventures! Mainly of Thailand, Greg and Glastonbury!
So, that’s enough about me. I can’t wait to hear from you and listen to all of your wedding plans. Be sure to get in touch if you’re after a creative fun wedding photographer!
(then I can send you my shiny new wedding brochure for more info)