I’m Kirsty, an easy going, alternative wedding photographer. I’m a very down to earth girl that loves photographing weddings and all things awesome. My wedding photography style is relaxed and quirky. I capture all the funny and beautiful moments, and let you get on with having an amazing time.
After finishing a degree in Photography in the summer of 2012 (and thus, having no idea what I wanted to do with my life), I started assisting various different photographers, and fell in love with wedding photography. I love photographing people in love. I started up my very own little wedding photography business in 2013 and haven’t looked back since.
I live with my lovely, sort of charming boyfriend Greg, in a little cottage in Petersfield. We love to travel, eat good food, and have a few adventures. Here’s a photo of me last year in Italy, we went to Lake Como which was incredible, I really want to go back.
In my spare time, I can be found chilling on the sofa in my light-up unicorn slippers, spending time with special ones, and dreaming about owning a kitten (one day). Also food – food is very important – as is gin.
While you’re here, here’s some not so interesting facts about me:
- I’m a secret crazy cat lady, I dream of owning lots of cats on day!
- I love music and going to festivals, a few of my favourites are: Glastonbury, Bestival, Green Man and Boomtown.
- You can pretty much guarantee that if I’ve eaten something – some food, somewhere has not managed to reach my mouth and has either gone on the floor or on my clothes…
- I have 4 tattoos but you would never know from looking at me. I want a load more too!
- I’m rubbish at remembering to ‘Instagram’ but am trying to give it a go – follow me: @kirstymackenziephotography
- My dream is to one day live by the sea.
- Favourite food – cheese, cheese = life. I love cheese, and hate, HATE milk – I know I’m a weirdo.
- I love to travel, but am also the most indecisive person ever, so it takes me a while to actually commit and book a holiday.
- I was always obsessed with the family albums my mum created. I really need to start printing more images off and making some of my own.
- I hate having my photograph taken (I know, the sheer irony of it!)
Here are some photos of my favourite things and personal adventures! Mainly of Thailand, Greg and Glastonbury!
So, that’s enough about me. I can’t wait to hear from you and listen to all of your wedding plans. I’m so excited for us to hang out, get to know each other and help create an awesome album of memories.
(then I can send you my shiny new wedding brochure for more info)