Check out the latest on the gram
“It’s like rain on your wedding day”
Having a wet weather plan for an outdoor wedding is vital at any time of year in the UK. The British weather is unpredictable at the best of times so preparing for the rain is a must! So here are my 14 wet weather plans for an outdoor wedding.
My Top 14 Wet weather plans for an outdoor wedding
- Make sure you have umbrellas
- Have some indoor spaces or backdrop for photos
- Have a marque or shelter to hold the ceremony/drinks reception in if you had planned for them to be outdoors. If it’s a scorcher you can use it for shade too! See some awesome ideas over on my Pinterest here
- Invest in wedding insurance – just incase!
- Embrace the weather and be prepared to go outside!
- Pack a spare pair of shoes (or wellies) so your feet stay dry and warm
- Tell your guests to bring sensible shoes for bad weather (as well as those kick ass heels) – you don’t want any sinking Susans!
- Tell your guests of any changes due to wet weather
- Make sure your venue/ co-ordinator has a wet weather plan and know what this is.
- Ask your venue if you can do confetti inside if it’s bad weather
- Do you have any photography backdrops that would work inside?
- Check there is enough space to house all your guests inside without it feeling cramped and confined.
- Ask the venue about transport in bad weather, do the roads flood or get muddy? If so it’s worth warning your guests of this.
Having a shelter doesn’t have to be boring! There are so many cool options out there for your outdoor wedding
These guests had the right idea on sensible footwear!
Umbrella’s aren’t just useful for rainy days! So you haven’t wasted your money either way!
I hope you have found this blog post about having a wet weather plan for an outdoor wedding helpful, for more hints and tips about wedding planning, you can check out my blog here.